Homeowners: The next rainfall could cause a devasting flood that affects you
4 Reasons why basement flooding is on the rise.
1. Increasing extreme rain (and snow) events
2. Aging municipal infrastructure (especially combined stormwater and sewer systems)
3. Inadequate flood protection measures at the household level
4. More hard surfaces and less absorbent green space as urban areas develop
You might not think you’re at risk, but you are.
25mm (<1 inch) of rainfall on an avg. (900 sf) roof
That’s 2,000 litres of water draining into downspouts near your foundation.
– Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction (ICLR)
How do you stop a costly flood in your basement?
You need a backwater valve
Most homes have one, but it will only work if it’s cleaned and maintained twice a year along with other flood checks.
What is a Backwater Valve?
Hover to see how it works.
A backwater valve lets waste water from your house enter the municipal sewer system but stops sewer water from backing up into your home. Annual maintenance prevents it from jamming due to debris, oil, or grease.
FOR A FREE CONSULTATION CALL NOW!
or complete our from below.